Support: To resolve day to day issues that come in the application without tweaking the source code.
Maintenance: To resolve day to day issues that come in the application by tweaking the source code.
Enhancement: To add new features to the software as new requirements or Process improvement initiatives.
Different Kinds of Support
L1 (LEVEL 1) SUPPORT :Answering questions on execution or usage through a call center service; this is typically done by the customer.
L2 (LEVEL 2) SUPPORT: Restoring service and fixing production problems with the application. This may include minor modification to scripts or to configuration parameters.
L3 (LEVEL 3) SUPPORT Focuses on corrective modification. Code changes to the application are released either as emergency or planned releases.
Maintenance & Enhancement Services
Production / Application Support & Maintenance: Production Support requires the Application of Clients to run 24X7, whereas Maintenance is concerned with Bug-Fixing in the code, Corrective actions to be taken to keep the application(s) alive all the times, co-ordination between Maintenance Team, L1 support team & Customers of application to keep the customers updated about issues and resolution taken on the client's application & maintaining the SLA (Service Level Agreement) defined in the Business Proposal
Enhancement: this process involves Adding new module, new functionality and enhancing the product / application to let our client be competitive in the market and ahead of their competitors. This process may required code changes, code update to meet the enhancement or in the cases of Reporting, it will require modification in existing reporting or adding New Reports for Business users of the client
· Low cost workforce
· Skilled workforce with knowledge on currently technologies
· Co-ordination & Knowledge Transfer (KT) requires more efforts
· Different time-zones causes delayed response in issues raised and corrective action to take
· Minimum required sized team for minimal business & technical hand-over requirement at different phases
· Leverages co-ordination between teams from different time-zones for faster resolution of issues raised
· Prioritizes issue handling with co-ordination between onsite and offshore team
· Cost optimization with higher CSAT (Customer Satisfaction Index)
· Minimum or almost no co-ordination required to resolve any technical issues except business requirement as the entire team is placed at client’s location
· Technical issues are handled at client’s location therefore doesn’t leverages different time-zones
· Higher cost due to dedicated team for all the areas defined in business proposal
KCMconnect capitalizes on the extensive knowledge base that it has acquired over a period of time that includes its core team whose members are not only proficient in IT - ITES, Finance, Economics & Transportation Logistics, but competent enough to deliver the expectation of their client. This methodology has made it possible for KCMconnect to offer its services in maintaining the client software offshore.
The Mixed model is very much cost-effective methodology for the client since the overhead involved in having maintenance personnel onsite is eliminated and the time-zone differences are leveraged effectively.
The Mixed Model also optimizes the cost while providing faster response to Priority and Critical Issues.
The Knowledge Transfer (KT) is also effective as loosely defined structure of solving issues are addresses in well-defined, achievable threshold defined in SLA (Service Level Architecture) with client.